Coffee Cupping at dinner parties is the latest trend spreading across the global. It allows guests to mingle and engage after the dinner is over.
Now, Coffee Cupping may not be the best idea for reality television…After all those gals love to get dressed up and break dishes at their dinner parties. Hot coffee cupping and housewives may not mix well together.
Copyright TV Insider featured via eCoffeeFinder
Coffee Cupping At Dinner Parties
If you classy enough and hosting an upcoming dinner party, making Coffee Cupping a main attraction event at the end will sure to be a big hit.
A standard coffee cupping procedure involves deeply sniffing the coffee, then loudly slurping the coffee so it spreads to the back of the tongue. The coffee taster attempts to measure aspects of the coffee’s taste, specifically the body (the texture or mouthfeel, such as oiliness), sweetness, acidity (a sharp and tangy feeling, like when biting into an orange), flavor (the characters in the cup), and aftertaste.
1. At the end of dinner, set up a section for Coffee Cupping in 5 oz glasses to measure in 2 teaspoons.
2. Provide a variety of different Coffee cupping samples, ideally three different varieties of roasted coffee.
3. Have guests observe fragrance.
4. Next have guests observe aroma.
5. After the guests have observed fragrance and aroma let them observe taste last.
6. When done have guests document their observations.
7. Select a Coffee Cupping observation winner. The guest who offered the most insight should receive a special Coffee favor gift to take home.